Saturday, July 07, 2007

LCD's the new LSD


It's abit late and I'm really cursing myself for dismissing this track the first time I heard it, on hindsight, I'm going "what were you thinking Seb!" LCD Soundsystem's 'All my Friends' from their latest album 'Sound of Silver' is just the track that will keep growing on you. It is one hell of an Electronica track that incorporates elements of progressive rock and then gets very intensive as it goes on.
And just when you think thats it, there a Franz Ferdinand cover thats produced by Erol Elkan that sounds really indie and folksy. Well thats the first time we've heard from Franz Ferdinand in awhile as they are working on their third studio album.
The only other version of "All my Friends" that I haven't heard is the one that's covered by former Velvet Underground member John Cale, I'd be eagerly anticipating for that one.

LCD Soundsystems - All My Friends
Franz Ferdinand - All My Friends (Lcd Soundsystem Cover)

And on top of today's goodies I have a CSS remix of The Cribs' "Men's Needs." A little info on The Cribs, a typical UK indie band, they are this 3 brothers from Leeds and they are very tight with fellow Yorkshiremen of Kaiser Chiefs. There you go.

The Cribs - Men's Needs (CSS Remix)

No comments: