Friday, October 19, 2007

I'm Afraid of Crocs!

Many music writers have this bad habit of trying to attach a genre to whatever they hear. I have this habit too, but its usually for the purpose of sorting out my music library. Underworld's new song, "crocodile," I don't know whether to put it in the "experimental, leftfield, IDM-ish" folder, the "ambient, chillout" folder, the or "techno" folder. But its sure one hell of a good track, with trace-synthesizers-ish sounds, housy high hats and bongos, and a very new-wavy kind of vocals with a gratuitous serving of echoes. Damn, it sure can't get more rojak than that so here's the track for you, and you can help me decide.

Underworld - Crocodile
Underworld - Crocodile (Pete Heller Remix)

theres another Oliver Huntemann remix that I decided not to post coz its a little too minimal sounding, but still worth checking out too. And ooh wee...I just did a search and found the video for the song, check it out, it's super trippy!

No comments: